What Types of Intersections are the Most Dangerous?
There are a lot of different factors that go into determining whether an intersection is safe or whether it is dangerous. One four way stop may be safe because of the way in which the intersection is designed and the amount of traffic at that location while another four way stop may be dangerous.
Generally, when evaluating an intersection’s safety it is important to consider whether:
1. There are traffic signals and, if so, whether the traffic signals are properly timed.
2. There are traffic signs and, if so, whether they are easy to see.
3. There are any defects in the road that make the road difficult to travel or traffic difficult to see.
4. There have been a significant number of Pennsylvania traffic accidents at that intersection in the past.
5. There is a significant amount of traffic at that intersection.
Intersections are often the site of serious car accidents in Pennsylvania. Have you been hurt in a PA intersection crash? Did the design or maintenance of the intersection have anything to do with your accident injuries? Please leave a comment and let others know what happened to you.