If you have been injured, or if you have lost a loved one, in a Pennsylvania accident then you are likely suffering physically, financially and/or emotionally. While your life has undoubtedly been changed by the accident, you are not without legal options for your recovery.
The first step in your legal and financial recovery should be contacting a car accident lawyer in Pennsylvania. Your Pennsylvania car accident lawyer will investigate the cause of your crash injuries and help you identify the right defendant, or defendants, in your case.
Each car accident in Pennsylvania is unique. However, some common defendants who may be able to be sued for Pennsylvania accident injuries or fatalities include:
- The driver of the other car, truck, bus, motorcycle or other vehicle that caused the crash because of negligence.
- The owner of the vehicle involved in the accident if the owner was negligent in lending the vehicle to the driver.
- The mechanic who worked on the car and caused a defect that led to the accident.
- The car manufacturer who created a defective vehicle.
- The municipality in which the accident occurred if the design or maintenance of the roads were a factor in the accident.
- The establishment which served alcohol to a drunk driver who later caused a crash.
- The injured person’s own insurance company that is not providing the required settlement pursuant to the injured party’s insurance policy.
You may have a potential case against one or more of these defendants depending on the facts of your individual case. Please contact an experienced Pennsylvania auto accident lawyer today for more information.